It’s really very simple. After all that’s said and done.
After all the bellowing of liberation and believe me suits
and attache cases, we still appreciate:
- Flowers that arrive for no reason whatsoever.
- Gifts of thoroughly and irrevocably impractical “girl things”.
- Being shown how to clean our battery terminals.
- Helping to snow shovel the driveway.
- Saying “Yahoo, go get em!” when we do something wildly courageous.
- Holding hands in public or at least brushing a shoulder quickly.
- Finding things that have disappeared on our Hard drive.
- Dancing slowly and silkily to an old tune.
- Calling on a Thursday afternoon to say, “I love you”.
Geri Lennon 1994
5 thoughts on “How to Hold the Heart of a Woman”
This was so damn clever I can’t stand it. Well done.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Clever is the second cousin of sly.
Devious is the second cousin of sly.
You write for yourself. I can tell. I love it. Maybe someday…for me.
Thanks for following! I meant it as a compliment. I speak for myself when I think some writers hold back or write what they think people want to hear or read… but then I come across artists, writers such as yourself and it inspires me to write or at least gives me the courage to explore the subjects that I want to write about. Thank you!