It’s really very simple. After all that’s said and done.
After all the bellowing of liberation and believe me suits
and attache cases, we still appreciate:
- Flowers that arrive for no reason whatsoever.
- Gifts of thoroughly and irrevocably impractical “girl things”.
- Being shown how to clean our battery terminals.
- Helping to snow shovel the driveway.
- Saying “Yahoo, go get em!” when we do something wildly courageous.
- Holding hands in public or at least winking at us while we walk together.
- Finding things that have disappeared on our Hard drive.
- Dancing slowly and silkily to an old tune….in public and private.
- Listening to what we have to say and at least appearing interested.
- Compassionately explaining confusing electronics
- Covering us in cashmere when we are napping
- Calling us “my girl”, sweetheart or love, at least once a year.
- Calling on a Thursday afternoon, just to say “I love you.”
- Holding us in your arms and saying absolutely NOTHING.
Madam Truefire 1994 updated 2017